Are you looking for safe companionship and a nourishing yoga practice to carry you through the summer? Feeling pent up and looking for some joyful movement? Join me for the Sun’s Out, Curves Out! summer series! This Curvy Yoga series will be an energizing practice with plenty of cooling postures and pranayama to help balance the Pitta (firey) forces of the summer months.
What’s Curvy Yoga? We work from the foundations up, to create space to stay as gentle as you'd like, with the option to build up to more challenging options if your body requests it for the day. Curvy Yoga integrates self-acceptance and body positivity through the practice of Yoga. Together, we'll explore how to use props and strategies to practice Yoga with the body you have today. At the same time, you’ll learn how to use mindful inquiry to connect to your body and its needs. Through this compassionate approach, you'll develop the tools you need to find a greater sense of connection with your body and self. Beginners welcome! No toe-touching required.
This class will be offered every Saturday morning as a series ($50 for 4 classes) or drop in ($15 per class). Pre-registration required. Please note, this is a small neighborhood park and it does not have restrooms or water fountain. Please bring your own water!
See the special COVID information below:
- You must register in advance so I can give Willamalane a guest list for contact tracing purposes.
- Please help keep us all safe by wearing a mask whenever you’re not on your mat, and respect the 6’ rule when laying your mat out. We will have plenty of space to spread out!
- Bring your own props! I recommend a mat, a strap, and a set of blocks (strap and blocks optional but helpful). You can find them pretty inexpensively online or at target in town.
- Please stay home if you have COVID-19 symptoms and/or if you are at risk for severe complications.
- Please practice good hand hygiene with frequent handwashing for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer (60-95% alcohol content).
- Please cover coughs/sneezes with elbow or tissue. Consider bringing a small towel for sweat or coughs.
- Please avoid touching your face.
Thank you for keeping us all safe! Register here and bring a friend!